The Town of Bennett was incorporated in 1929 with a population of 211. Today, the population exceeds 2,411. This growing, high plains community lies in eastern Adams and Arapahoe Counties. Bennett residents enjoy the pleasures of small town western living, clean air, quiet times and friendly neighbors. While retaining these attributes, the residents also can enjoy the urban highlights of Denver only 25 miles from Bennett and the alpine recreation of the great Rocky Mountains only an hour’s drive away. Bennett is committed to responsible planned development, economic vitality, a program for public service improvements, and continued park expansions, as well as improving the quality of life for its residents.
We are in an exciting time in our community’s history. With proximity to Denver International Airport and the planned economic activity around Front Range Airport, Bennett and the I-70 corridor are experiencing tremendous growth pressures. The health of our local business community is a key factor in the town’s success in these changing times. In order to better prepare for the future, the Town Board of Trustees has begun a strategic planning program to aid in the policy decisions to guide growth.
Bennett’s goals include the following:
- Honoring the unique qualities the town has built over time
- The ability to balance jobs and housing which will reduce traffic, leading to less congestion and improved air quality
- To become self-sufficient
- To create a permanent open space or rural buffer to guarantee separation from the larger urbanized area
- To have the ability to absorb a significant number of new residents
- To provide needed services to new households and create employment opportunities for new residents
- To retain town centers for focused mixed-use development and create internal and external transportation systems
- King Soopers
- Bennett Public Schools
- Greatwood Lumber and Hardware
- High Plains Diner
- US Post Office
- Town of Bennett
- High Plains Bank
- Guaranty Bank and Trust Co.
- Roggen Farmer’s Elevator Assn.
Source: Town of Bennett
Population in Bennett, Adams County
2013 Estimate: 2,411
Highway 79 at I-70 exit 304 commercial development includes available retail space and building sites at the King Soopers Marketplace.