In the news
Denver ranks No. 1 as Most Friendly to Employees of Small Companies in the United States according to a report released by CardHub (2013). Rankings are based on 10 different metrics – including small business vitality and the number of small businesses with under 250 employees per capita.
CardHub had this to say about Denver: “It’s no surprise that Denver topped the list of the Best Cities to Work for a Small Business, as 97% of employers in Colorado are classified as small businesses… and a workforce that’s growing at the second fastest rate in the country, and the 5th highest wages for new hires.”
Tomlinson & Associates “2013 End of Session” Report
Tomlinson & Associates_2013 Review Final
Spaceport Colorado- For more information click here
ACED Activities & Events
ACED 2014 Annual Luncheon
Thursday, April 24, 2014
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Plaza at the Denver Mart
Click here to register.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
ACED Aerospace & Aviation Taskforce
Thursday, May 8, 2014
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
ACED Board Room
ACED Member Orientation
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ACED Board Room
ACED Round Table
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Ranch Country Club
ACED Board Meeting
Thursday, May 22, 2014
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
ACED Board Room
PRE-CERTIFICATION NOW REQUIRED
please see information below
Colorado’s Enterprise Zone program provides tax incentives to encourage businesses to locate and expand in designated economically distressed areas of the state. There are 16 Enterprise Zones and 2 sub-zones in Colorado. Businesses located in an Enterprise Zone may qualify for up to nine Enterprise Zone Tax Credits that encourage job creation and investment in the Enterprise Zone. Local jurisdictions may have additional incentive opportunities in the Enterprise Zone. Please use the grey, left-hand navigation bar indented beneath “Enterprise Zone (EZ)” for links to other EZ resources (Tax Credits, State Map, EZ Administrator Contact Info, Enhanced Rural EZ, Contribution Projects, Public Records Law & Annual Reports).
For more information on legislative changes, please visit the EZ Legislation web page.
Please use the links provided in the table below to access the Department of Revenue tax form and FYI Publication for each tax credit. If claiming Enterprise Zone tax credits it is recommended that you review the Enterprise Zone FYI Publications available from the Department of Revenue.
|TAX CREDIT||CREDIT AMOUNT||FORM||FYI|
|Investment Tax Credit||3% of equipment purchases||Online form||FYI Income 11|
|Job Training Tax Credit||10% of qualified training expenses||Online form||FYI Income 31
Increase to 12%
|New Business Facility (NBF) Tax Credits:||
NBF status req’d for these 3 credits
|Jobs Credit||$500 per new job||Online form||FYI Income 10
Increase to $1,100
|Ag Processing Jobs Credit||$1,000 total per new a.p. job||Online form||FYI Income 10|
|Health Insurance Credit||$200 x 2 years per new h.i. job||Online form||FYI Income 10
Increase to $1,000
|R&D Increase Tax Credit||3% of increased R&D expenditures||Online form||FYI Income 22|
|Vacant Building Rehabilitation Tax Credit||25% of rehabilitation expenditures||Online form||FYI Income 24|
|Manufacturing / Mining Sales and Use Tax||Expanded S&U tax exemption in EZ||DR1191||FYI Sales 10
FYI Sales 69
|Commercial Vehicle Investment Tax Credit (CVITC)||1.5% of commercial vehicle purchases||CVITC Application||CVITC Details
FYI Income 11
|Contributions to Enterprise Zone Projects||25% cash / 12.5% in-kind of donation||DR0075*||FYI Income 23|
|Local Incentives||Increased incentives in some EZ areas||N/A||N/A|
*EZ Contribution Project will provide contributor w/ the DR0075 form.
For more information, please visit the Tax Credits page of our website, or click to download a Fact Sheet:
Important 2013 Legislative Changes
Enterprise Zone tax certification forms:
Form DR0074, DR0076, and DR0077 require on-line completion. Forms DR1191 and CVITC may be completed in hard copy; for these, click on the form name to download the form.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print forms. To download the free Adobe software, click here.
The steps for PRE-CERTIFICATION are as follows:
- Log on to www.advancecolorado.com/ez to request the PRE-certification of Enterprise Zone Tax Credits.
- Fully complete date the enterprise zone tax form and submit.
- After the form is processed, notification is provided via email. If approved, please keep Certification Number for future reference for filing year end activity.
The steps for certification are as follows:
- Log on to https://www.colorado.gov/apps/oedit/enterpriseCert/home.jsf to request certification of Enterprise Zone Tax Credits. Fully complete, sign and date the enterprise zone tax form. Please complete all questions on the form, including employment and investment figures, whether or not you are claiming credits related to employment and/or investments. These figures are used for state statistical purposes.
- Automatic electronic delivery of Adams County Enterprise Zone tax forms are submitted for approval to:
Enterprise Zone Administrator
- Upon receiving your fully completed certification form from the state, ACED will certify that your location is located within the Adams County Enterprise Zone. It will be signed, dated and a confirmation via email returned within 48 hours.
- Certified forms via hard copy (prior to 2012) will require a copy of the fully executed certification form attached to your Colorado income tax return when you file. If filed electronically, a copy of the electronic form submitted in addition to the confirmation e-mail needs to accompany the Colorado income tax return. It is important documentation required by the State to substantiate your claim for credits taken. Do not send the form independently of your tax return; it must be attached to your return like any other supporting schedule.
Adams County Economic Development
12200 Pecos Street, Suite 100
Westminster, CO 80234
Phone: 303-453-8510 Fax: 303-453-8505